I wasn't happy with this piece all the way through it's creation, until I decided to colour in the background black. I had initially intended this to be a simple drawing on white but after I added the fineliner it all seemed a bit overwhelming.
I suppose it makes that the owl was most comfortable on black. You may notice that there are some circles in the background in green. This was intentional, as I wanted to create the feeling of the owl flying through the forest at night
It's August already!!!
1 week ago
November 23, 2011 at 11:53 PM
Fabulous. Andy. I love it!
November 24, 2011 at 1:17 PM
Great piece Andy, sometimes too much white needs filling in and I love the title you've given it - reminds me of the too many late nights I have when I'm making mailart and then I realise what the time is and it's way past bedtime!
Post a Comment