For years my medium was monotype made with oil-based etching ink on zinc. I used a wooden spoon. Working in shared space for what has been half my life now I found I have made fewer and fewer monotypes that way, what with the clean-up. I tried other methods but could never get the quality that I liked. I used gelatine plates and other paints and did something different which was interesting but knew I'd come back to zinc and oil. Today I decided it was time to try these new water-based inks that I bought but hadn't had the heart to try. At the last moment I decided instead of zinc I'd use glass, the inside of a frame I took apart for a project in a school, and when it was time to print I just used some cartridge. I think I've found an exciting new combination! The perfect size for mailart too.
Post a Comment