
First had fun reading Maters Collage (Lark Books) to inspire me. I always need lots of inspiration before I go to a school and work with a new group of young people. The brief for my day with year 9 (13 -14 yrs) is to respond to War Horse (film) - I've read the book but not seen the film, In Flander's Fields and Dulce et Decorum Est. I always have to spend a long time playing before I know what the heck I'm going to do. I had the idea of using some photos they take as a starting point so I've collected some WW1 objects from a kind neighbour. We'll do some word gathering and then we are going to use old frames (because I got a box at a carboot sale for next to nothing) to make some collages. I decided not to do my trial about Warhorse and the texts they will use as I think I can explain my process through a related text and that may avoid having lots of copies of what they think I want - we can think together if I haven't done the thinking ahead. So I decided to respond to Birdsong. First I made the mailart because mailart is perfect for testing ideas. Then I came took apart a frame and replaced the glass with mount board and collaged with old maps and pva as a starting point...
Post a Comment