Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

Boo Cartledge -- what happened on the last 50

I got all the way to 315 yesterday, headed for 365 by November 30.  (Yes, I was one of the group who started on December 1, 2010.)

I read the comments on the mailart 365 ning group yesterday and was rolling around the idea of how we might celebrate on November 30 / December 1.

I'd also been thinking I wanted to write a wrap-up about what I'd learned / thought /observed etc. from the project's philosophy of dailiness, or of quantity, depending on how each mail artist chose to operate.

Then it clicked.  I had 50 more pieces to make, and I certainly had at least 50 observations to document, so I combined the two in a final series.  Yes, my friends, 316 to 365 of my mailart 365 pieces are commentary on the year we've spent together and also on the time we get to spend in the future together.

And now on with the show.  As soon as I get the scanning done.  And I'm only going to post a few at a time lest you become bedazzled and miss some of the fun.
3 comments:

I'm waiting - anticipating great fun. :-)


I've been thinking along these lines, too, about writing something about what it was like for me, and how to pass along the torch.


That would be interesting, mim. You've probably thought more about it than the rest of us. And it's been such a -- what's the word? - persistent project, tucked in among everything else in life and sometimes taking the forefront.


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs