Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365
After signing on for #mailart365, I realized that I didn't want just to make postcard sized versions of my regular drawings. That was how I approached the last #mailart project, and the results were... fine. Nice drawings, and they did help me to work out some ideas I'd been playing with. But I thought some of the most successful pieces in that project were the ones in which Mail was part of their content, not just a way to send them to each other.

In the meantime, while digging through my archives, I came across a stamp collection compiled by one of the founders of the Negritude Movement. (My late husband, who was an archivist, must have processed his papers.) Really, it is just stamps and envelopes from his correspondence. I'm reluctant to reuse the envelope fronts, which have names, return addresses and cancellations - historical data! What would the Damas people say? But the backs of the envelopes seem like fair game. So I removed them and thought they would be the perfect place to start this project.




Some of the pieces need more work than others, so I have a bit more to do (tonight!) before they go in the mail.

Now, don't expect a long shpiel every time I get a new idea! Just remember that I will be thinking about how Mail can be more than just the format of the work.
3 comments:

What a great idea Rejin! I love the way you put this post together it really makes sense.

Personally, I always loved your small drawings, but that's because I've never had the chance to see them in the large. I wish I could see them some day, perhaps a trip to Brooklyn is in order.


Wish I could come to London to see your RealWall Andy :) it was your work in the last project that really got me thinking in a new way!


I received a piece of mail art from Rejinl today. It looks like it was made using this same process thought not one of the pieces shown here. I really like it and will post on my IUOMA blog in photos.


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...