Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

74 - Vietnam news

Labels: ,

Made while in Vietnam on honeymoon. The spiritual follow up to my earlier mailart visual statistical analysis of the London Evening Standard, this piece took all the headlines from the English Language "Vietnam News" and pieced them together. It was a little more positive than the London paper.

I have a theory on this one. I believe that in a democratic country like England, the news is much more grim than in communist and non-democratic countries.

I believe that where people can vote and effect change, the newspapers push and strive for change by making everything seem bad. Misery and discontent leads to action from the people, and can be a great motivtaor when people have the ability to effect change.

However, in countries like Vietnam and China, reporting on bad news and how poor the economy is would cause discontent that people are powerless to do anything about.

Countries like this don't want that to happen as it would lead to revolution.

My mailart doesn't conclusively prove this theory.

What do you think?

3 comments:

Lovely card -- & a very credible theory.


It makes sense to me. BTW, this card is a really good one. I like it a lot.


Thanks Sue. you have one on it's way to you from Vietnam I believe, so keep your eyes open!


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...