Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

#142 - Behind the Red Flap

I did a cursory search for information on this vintage food label, but came up with nothing. "Verhampshire" is a contraction of Vermont and New Hampshire. And "sugarhon" seems to be a contraction of "sugar" and "honey." This must have been one incredible sweet concoction!

The red flap does lift, and under it is a bee on a bright yellow sunflower. Winter still has a grip here and it seems spring must be hiding somewhere else.
7 comments:

I like it a lot! Wish I could see the bee & sunflower!


I tried to scan the card with flap open but it doesn't open all the way. I'm really pleased with how thecard turned out though so I'll probably do the same technique again.


Bring on the warmth. I really don't want to skip spring and go directly to summer. We do have a lot of pollen and the bees are getting active here though. Nice card, PostMuse.


Everyone's been buzzing about bees on the blogs!
It must be on the verge of warmth!


You cannot see the bee. Is it alive or dead? Like Shroedinger's cat? sure. And with colony collapse, well, it might have just flown to Australia. I hope the recipient isn't allergic.

When I'm in VerHampster, I'll look for evidence of sugahon, or honegar.

TGIF.


One more thing.
http://cgi.ebay.com/OLD-VERHAMPSHIRE-PEANUT-BUTTER-LABEL-BOSTON-MA-LOT-5PC-/290392212973

you can buy matching peanut butter labels. How great is THAT?

Love,
Columbo


Schrödinger's Bee .... very funny! I might have to do a whole bunch of postcard with bees behind flaps.

I'd love to buy those labels from eBay, but I'm afraid of eBay.


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...