Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

#130 - Plumtangle

I've been enjoying all the zentangle mailart and decided to try it myself. I worked with a woman who did a geometric zentangle like this, but hers are much more precise. I did enjoy doodling this card, though I think I would have liked it more if the stripes were in the green, not the black.

The plums are part of a page from a book published in 1900. I bought the page for too much money about 6 years ago at a shop in one of London's weekend markets. I would love to go back to London and visit those markets again and be a bit more savvy about how much money I spent on vintage stuff.
3 comments:

It sounds fun to go paper hunting, but i'm going to have enough problems scrounging for postage.
I have been thinking about collecting used picture books for my collages after the project is over.
But doubtful vintage.
It does sound fun to go to your markets though!


@superhero, my library has a discard shelf - often full of books they don't think they can sell in the "friends" shop in the basement. I've found quite a few books with interesting pictures there!


I like the blend of collage and tangle. Must try it. This place is such a great place to get new ideas!


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...