Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

#99 - Playing It Safe

Labels: , ,
I don't take a lot of chances with my art. This particular card is pretty, but not particularly artistic. I just picked the colors from the vintage food label, added a simple stamped image and glued it together. When I do get a bit more adventurous with color, I use a color wheel to spell out exactly the colors that I should pick from in order to create a scheme that works.

My mom is a quilter. She can put patterns and colors together with incredible skill. And she isn't train. She discovered quilting late in life, at age 60. Before making her first quilt she had never really operated a sewing machine. Her quilts are works of art and I'm lucky enough to have two of them.

My mom gives me hope that someday I might not always play it safe when it comes to art.
2 comments:

Love the story Post but must say that even though you don't feel edgy, your work always possesses a sense of harmony.

PS my mom took the same quilting trip. She always gets very excited after attending a workshop.


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...