Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

59-365 Sparks Fly

My, my that is a phallic pink airplane. It's more flesh colored in person.

So, I've started working Monday through Friday and I've decided to make my daily pieces while it's slow at the knitting cafe. I have my travel MA kit but the raw image materials will come from whatever is on hand in the cafe.

I'm finding that I quite enjoy having a limited palette to work with. Sometimes at home there are so many materials that the possibilities are a bit overwhelming. Having to go out and find things is way more fun.

But that does make it hard for me to use up my stash, which I'm really trying to do before the big move......we'll see.
4 comments:

You must be very talented if you can do this with just things you find laying around at work. I'm looking around my desk as I write this, and I dare say any artwork I did with what's at hand would probably get me kicked out of this group due to sheer boredom!


Why don't you give it a try Paula? You may surprise yourself. The nice thing about office desks is that they have glue and scissors!

Maybe your desk looks boring to you, but I bet you have stuff on there that I'd be interested in. I mean what does an editor surround herself with I wonder...


Great idea JJ, I might try it myself as my supplies feel a bit overwhelming most time too.
Although, I do love the idea of slowly destashing as I miake postcards for people all around the world.


Thanks Paula. Remember I am working in a cafe in a very arty groovy part of Sydney so there's a zillion magazines and stuff around. The great thing about this piece is that I brought the box from my son's old flying seagull kit with me from the homestash. Best of both worlds.


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...