Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

#58 - Reuse (Usually)

Labels: ,
The background on this card is a wrapper from fast food chain Chipotle. I don't much like fast food chains, but I make a sometimes exception for Chipotle. Their ingredients and practices, while not always perfect, are a gazillion times better than other fast food chains.

However, on a recent visit I experience a bit of a surprise that I want to address. The prep staff brushed the excess filling from the stainless prep surface back into the serving bins! So, I am sending this postcard to the general manager of that particular restaurant just to let him know it surprised me. It am all for not wasting, especially food, but I think a line needs to be drawn at reusing food. I know the stainless surface was not dirty, but, still, it was a bit weird. I'm glad my sandwich had already been made at that point.

My message to the manager is upbeat and supportive. I don't think this is a practice at the restaurant, I think it is was just the staff not really thinking what they were doing. It happens. If it happens over and over, I might get upset, though.

Since I didn't want to waste the rest of the wrapper, I made five more cards on the same theme. I thought it would be cool to send to mailart friends, who do reuse every day, but then I thought "I'm preaching to the choir." Not sure what I will do with the others ... perhaps use them to encourage non-mailart friends to try mailart? The others are on my Flickr page, English set and International set. Please note ... it has been many years since my university Japanese classes.
1 comments:

Yes I'm usually all down for reuse, but have to draw the line where you did! There's something very wrong about that...


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...