Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

#35 - Supercali ... YIKES!

Labels: ,

I'm quite sure Mary Poppins did not have a spoonful of this sugar in mind to help the medicine go down. This candy, made in Serbia, tastes like the worst medicine. I bought it years ago because I love licorice, and I had received licorice candies from other countries in mail exchanges and enjoyed the candies very much. I found this particular candy at a local "European Market" (the shop mistress made sure she told me that at least a half dozen times) and had one in my mouth the second I was out the door. Yikes. I didn't make it to what appears to be the soft inside because it was just so awful.

I did save the bag, though, which I cut up for this postcard. The name of the candy is Negro, and the company, Pionir, notes that it is their trademark product and a "leader in the candy family." Hmmm ... maybe it is something only chimney sweeps can explain.

This is going to a penfriend in Norway who I haven't heard from in a long while. She also likes licorice.
1 comments:

My 10-yo and I had run-ins with licorice last month, for a project he was doing on candy in the Netherlands. We bought some salt licorice from dutchsweets-dot-com -- definitely an acquired taste, one I have not yet acquired! As I said to my husband, "don't think of it as candy, think of it as a cultural experience!"


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...