Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

Boo Cartledge. 365 / /20

Boo Cartledge, 365 / 20. A totally different look.  This one didn't live up to its full potential, but I love the strip of gems; and I like the red and turquoise and the bit of lace.  Perhaps a stamp would have improved it or, better yet, a picture of the Loch Ness monster or the aliens in "Aliens." It's too prissy and not prissy enough. A dreadful state of affairs. Sent to Janet Heritage.
4 comments:

Elena and I thought the blue bits had been quilled. The gems are a nice touch, not sure how well they will travel naked and I really like that background fabric


I appreciate that it is quirky and imperfect. That's comforting. That someone with more experience sometimes creates something that just hasn't quite met 'its full potential'. I like it, and I think the lace and jewels are interesting together!


I don't think this is a dreadful state of affairs at all. It has a stained-glass window thing going on, at least for me. And I love the snowflake flower. I meant to ask ... do you crochet/tat your snowflake embellishments?


I must find out what button to click so I'm informed when comments are left. I love the red and turquoise together but must have had a sense of something else that never showed up. Thanks for the great comments. No, I neither quill nor tat; any quilting I've done myself, but the laces are all vintage, gathered over the last 20-odd years.


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...