Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

18 - Mailartists do it...

Labels:
18 - Mailartists do it...

I'm pretty sure this is a problem reserved only for mailartists. When my friends and colleagues find out that I send lots and lots of post, I got offered all the postcards that they had picked up over the years "and never got around to sending"

The reasons people have postcards and not send them I'm sure are plentiful, but often I get postcards that people have not sent for the simple reason that they are shite.

These 2 cards fall into that category. I bet Glenn was just pleased to not have these embarrassments littering his house any more.

18 - Mailartists do it...

The original postcard was a line of condoms hanging from a washing line, with days of the week and the cheerful and frankly nauseatingly poor humoured "Having a great week in London"

Why the hell did he ever buy such tat I have to wonder. Everyone to their own I guess.

I decided to do a little censoring of that particularly tasteless gag but wanted to keep a bit of tongue in cheek humour there, hence this piece. Decided to add 2 for today as I wanted these embarrassing cards out of my collection as quickly as possible.
10 comments:

Now, here's the thing. That postcard, send just as it was, would have tickled me. I rather like the bizarre, and somewhat tasteless, postcards. I was thrilled to pieces when I pulled a friend's name on Postcrossing and got to send one of my favorite watertowers. I knew he would not be offended by the back caption, which he added to the comments.

But, I love what you've done with the cards, too. If that is Chinese in the top one, it is a particularly appropriate embellishment for a condom postcard considering the lengths the government will go to to keep the population down.


What a novel idea for a travel postcard. The perfect thing to send home to your mom, or wife, or... maybe not. Those seem like truly, the worst.


Yeah that's the thing - I do feel odd sending the bizarre tasteless ones to strangers. I wouldn't mind sending an odd weird one to you now you have told me that you have a thing for them, but personally I would just scratch me little head and wonder what the heck the sender was thinking. I dunno, maybe I'm prudish.

As for the Chinese, yes that was an intentional embellishment. I rather liked the idea of censoring the "publicly unpalatable content" using Chinese and glad you got the reference!


To be honest Box652 I haven't the faintest idea who this would be an appropriate card to send to. Oh except Postmuse of course. ;-)


One totally inappropriate card in the post to you Postmuse. Definitely wouldn't send it to my mother


I do seem to get stuff people wouldn't send their mothers, and I'm old enough to be a lot of people's mother. I also think it wouldn't surprise my daughters (who are 26 and 30) at all that I get stuff people wouldn't send to their mothers. They are rather straight-laced, but fun. That seems to follow suit, though, when I look at the kids of my very straight-laced friends. Their kids are completely different, but still lots of fun. It's all good. Just as long as no one gets hurt and no one forces me to believe in what they believe.


It arrived today, Andy. Not in the least offensive. I'll write more in real mail.


love how you left the "banana" colored one showing...
I am all about tasteless - if you all haven't noticed already...
Retro tastless is even better - The UK & the 60's produced some truly wonderful crap!!

You should see my gallery of postcrossing cards sent out...
Some of those are truly lacking any taste - and some are full of taste (one i sent has a recipe for larva stew)


H ah ha! I had NO IDEA that was a condom hanging from the clothesline, Andy!!! I just loved that blue clothespin! You sent this one to the perfect stranger - it went right over my head, and even if it hadn't, I'm not easily shocked or offended!


Haha! It IS a nice blue peg though....


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...