Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

21 - Freedom

Labels:

21 - Freedom, originally uploaded by andytgeezer.

Ever since the awesome Thai mailartist Ubon sent us this gem, I've wanted to send her a return piece of mailart based on the same photoshoot, but have never felt confident that I'd made a piece quite worthy of her watercolour skill. I think I may finally have overcome that one.

Watercolour mailart from Ubon - August 2009: Elena at Blenheim Palace

One of the original photos on which that piece was based was taken at Blenheim Palace in Oxford, and this photo was taken on the same day. I used a tracing paper stencil to cut out the outline then wanted to repeat that pose a few times to emphasise the feeling of freedom and happiness expressed by Elena

5 comments:

Really beautiful Andy. Every sticker one that you do is better than the last.


Thanks JJ, I'm really loving the technique myself. It's full of surprises and the effect is remarkably satisfying. I love the fact that I can make use of all these old photos that I have lying around too. Art from very little that's what I like best


I like this one.

Have you thought about having the sticker be the outline? (like, make the lines out of sticker, and eliminate the pen and ink? An idea.


I'm not quite sure what you mean Keira - something like your one to Dewi? I'll give it a try later


Hey Keira - was this what you meant about sticker outlines?


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...