Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

18-365 woven daffodility

This is my first woven postcard. I like the result but am afraid it wont stand up to postal strain. What do you regular paper weavers do?
3 comments:

That's great, I would love to hear how it fared on a return journey. So far I haven't been "modge-podging" my collages. Just gluing them down and sending them off. I guess I wanted to know if anyone felt it was necessary to do that. The backing was piece of cereal box. Do you reckon that's too flimsy? Seems to work great for ordinary collages.

Thanks for the feedback.


I think cardboard backing will be perfect for travel. I often use much thinner cardstock, and those seem to travel just fine.

I don't modge-podge my collages, either. Sometimes I'll spray a bit of fixative but that's about it. My first MailArt365 was pretty dimensional and it didn't have any modge-podge, and Andy said it traveled very well across the ocean.


I was quite surprised that rosty regards arrived in one piece, but it did. It was quite dimensional, but he stood up remarkably well. I think your fixative must be preety good stuff Postmuse


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...