Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

Mailart 365.2 #8 - Usagi and the Artist

Tonight I started work on my 365 piece at about 10PM. I have just started following Stan Sakai, creator of Usagi Yojimbo on facebook, and was delighted to see new Usagi pages in his photos. I was blown away by this one though, and had to start drawing it. I'll be doing various versions of it this week.

 

I've only been in Hanoi for about 4 months, but it seems that many folk in Hanoi know that I rather like postcards. This is no surprise as I presented a Pecha Kucha talk on my REAL wall project about a month after I landed, and it seems that every English-speaking person in Hanoi went to that talk.

At about midnight, after I'd lain down the pencil lines and was ready to start inking it in fineliner, I got a notification on facebook from one of my new Vietnamese friends. An announcement had been made on the facebook Hanoi Massive group, that read:

"If anyone's looking for something to give them that warm fuzzy feeling - A friend of a friend has a terminally ill daughter in Paris who loves receiving postcards from all around the world. If you feel like doing something super wonderful yet super easy, write a friendly message (NOT with any reference to sickness! Just something like "Hello Sohane! We're sending you big hugs and kisses from [where + your name]").

Her name and address:
Sohane Azzouz
31 rue des Messiers
95100
Argenteuil
France

Not silly internet rubbish, it's all true, my friend is connected with her family.
Cheers Y'all. X"

and I had been tagged to draw my attention to it. As I hadn't lain down the ink yet, I figured, shucks why not, and changed the names to bring a smile to a stranger. That's what mailart is about after all. So this one is going to Sohane.

If you have nobody to send to today, why not make someone's day today and send Sohane a postcard too.
1 comments:

Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...