Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

#166 Birdsong 1

First had fun reading Maters Collage (Lark Books) to inspire me.  I always need lots of inspiration before I go to a school and work with a new group of young people. The brief for my day with year 9 (13 -14 yrs) is to respond to War Horse (film) - I've read the book but not seen the film, In Flander's Fields and Dulce et Decorum Est. I always have to spend a long time playing before I know what the heck I'm going to do. I had the idea of using some photos they take as a starting point so I've collected some WW1 objects from a kind neighbour. We'll do some word gathering and then we are going to use old frames (because I got a box at a carboot sale for next to nothing) to make some collages. I decided not to do my trial about Warhorse and the texts they will use as I think I can explain my process through a related text and that may avoid having lots of copies of what they think I want - we can think together if I haven't done the thinking ahead.  So I decided to respond to Birdsong. First I made the mailart  because mailart is perfect for testing ideas. Then I came took apart a frame and replaced the glass with mount board and collaged with old maps and pva as a starting point...
0 comments:

Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...