Before I had been to England or knew anyone English i knew about marmalade and I knew it was bitter and that I wasn't a big fan. When I adopted England as my home I tried (unsucessfully) to like it. My husband and one of my children love it. I am always perplexed at the grocery store about whether to get the thin or thick cut.
February 17, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Rebecca, You captured the marmalade look. I was thinking about you today as I was fighting gouache.
February 23, 2012 at 8:38 PM
another english 'M'thing would be Marmite, Now that's not something I could ever eat ;) great job on the marmalade :)
February 23, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Marmite is the typical "love it or hate it" thing to put on your toast/bread and in fact the sellers of it trade heavily on that side of it. I'm not keen as the first time I tried it I spread it on like it was marmalade, i.e. thickly and for those of you who know, you only need a little, thinly spread!
February 28, 2012 at 8:55 PM
Not a big fan. Apparently my mother in law made sandwiches for her sons a term ahead and froze them. What's worse than a marmite sandwich? a frozen marmite sandwich!
Post a Comment