Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

craftgasm, week 1

Hello, I'm Melissa, and I'm excited to be joining MailArt365 for the new year! I started scanning my outgoing mail on the first day of January, and am hoping to be able to keep up an average of one new piece of mail art per day. My plan is to post once per week, to keep it manageable for myself and your overworked blog feeds.

Here is part one of my first week's worth of mail art bits.

1/365: Sent to my husband; this is it after it came through the postal system.


2/365: A drink coaster from the restaurant we ate at for New Year's Day, colored in and mailed naked. Though the coaster advertises they have pomegranate, lime, and mango flavored margaritas, they only depicted two of the three fruits on the coaster, so I made one lime into a lemon instead. Sent to my sister-in-law's family.


3/365: A collaged postcard with bits bound for the recycling bin. Sent to Bethany in South Carolina.


4/365: An attempt to spice up a Netflix's envelope with marker. Turns out the paper doesn't take regular washable marker very well, leaving lots of smudges on the envelope and my hands. Lesson learned! (There's a whole amazing tumblr with Netflix mail art, by the way.)


The next four are being sent through military mail, so I didn't want to make it too hard for the workers there to find the address. Some simple handmade envelopes would have to do.

5/365:

6/365:
7/365:

8/365:
3 comments:

Welcome! Some how I missed this post. Great pieces I love that you mailed the coaster. You may want to post your address on the 365 page, there is a spot for our addresses. It is optional but it makes it easy for others in the group to find you and mail art to you! Again welcome, Laura P.


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...