Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

robayre - postcards #55-61

Labels:

Instead of my standard postcards, I've come up with a new idea for some mailart365 project pieces. It started out when my best friend showed me a moleskine app she had on her iphone. Unfortunately, she has a newer phone and mine won't let me download it. No harm because it got me thinking of the moleskine cahiers that I love so much.


4.30.11 Mailart little books7

I've been making my own little cahiers for quite a while now, and this whole thing spurred the idea to make some more but then turn them into mailart.

4.30.11 Mailart little books1

I'll send them directly through the mail, where the addresses, and postage are stuck right on the cover. Each book is 4.25"x5.5" closed. I collaged on some pressed board, and then coated them with a sealer.

4.30.11 Mailart little books2

These are the open faced covers. I stuck a rubberband inside each book so the owner can keep them closed like in the picture at the top. I haven't put the recipients addresses on them in these pictures yet, so that I could share them.

4.30.11 Mailart little books3

I thought it would be a cool collaboration of sorts. My artwork is on the cover and the recipient can fill the blank pages inside with their own words or artwork. I think it will be cool with the cancelled stamps.

4.30.11 Mailart little books4

It'll be a crapshoot to see if it makes it through the mail or not.

4.30.11 Mailart little books6

We print and mail booklets all the time at work, but those are through bulk mail and these are obviously not bulk. I've seen pictures of a banana and toast with postage and addresses being sent through the mail successfully, so I think it's a good bet they will make it to their destinations.

4.30.11 Mailart little books5

I made wafer stickers to put on the edges to keep them closed through the mail. You can see that below.

4.30.11 Mailart little books all

I really love these books and this idea. I think it would be so much fun, and so unexpected to receive a little blank book in the mail. I hope the recipients like them and use them. I can't wait to make some more.
-Robyn
10 comments:

These are fantastic!


love these - how do you attach the paper inside? is that staples I see?


Oh my goodness! What a fantastic idea. You'll definitely have to let us know how they faired through the mail! Gorgeous.


Awesome little books. I think they will trevel fine and oh the stories they can tell!


What a wonderful idea. I am sure that the lucky recipients will adore these.


Who wouldn't like one of those books! Great idea, love it!


These are awesome. and beautiful. I love the sequence of photos. I think they will arrive safely to some lucky lucky ducks.


Fantastic! And they travel beautifully! Mine arrived today. Thank you very, very much!


Oh how these cards make me happy. Wonderful idea!


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...