Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

96 - Cinematic Usagi

Labels:

As Usagi Yojimbo is printed in Black and White it's quite hard for me to visualise what he colour his world is.

Usually when I finish a piece in fineliner, I think "That's done" but then I look again and it looks incomplete and flat.

As I'm never sure what colours he's meant to be, I get nervous about adding colour. At the moment I'm on a Sharpie tip, and I don't feel that Usagi's world is that type of colour, it's more of a watercolour type world.

This time however, I couldn't resist and put Sharpie to paper just for the sword. I am not sure if I added anything to it, but I stopped there rather than putting any more colour on because I felt that Usagi would be more comfortable in black and white than in garish technicolor.

2 comments:

think yellow submarine.
i bet that's what his world looks like ;-D


Black & white is always classy. You did a great job on this!


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...