Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

#172 - Rapture Rice

This recipe is from Mark Bittman's fantastic How to Cook Everything Vegetarian, but it is called simply "Easier Than Pilaf Baked Rice." I named it Rapture Rice because I made it for the first time today, and because it tastes like heaven. There are a gazillion variations, but just take the same ratios and play and you'll get the idea. Use curry spices and some coconut milk ... or maybe vegetables mixed in with herbs ... chilies and Mexican seasonings ... just have fun with it.

The altered card features a view from a state park called World's End. The paint chip is called Edge of Time. I used rice to make a stamp of sorts on a piece of foam I heated and pressed into the rice, then used that to texture the paint chip. Apocalypse art.
4 comments:

Brilliant idea. Rice stamps may yet catch on


I like how the stamp performed! I have "Stamp & Print Lab" from the library right now, and she is a big advocate of that heat-then-press-into-craft-foam method of making stamps, but I have yet to try it. Glad to see it works for someone other than just the author!


Thank you for sending me this card! I got it this morning. My postman looked at the picture side as he handed it to me. He thought it was very nice, an unusual postcard!


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...