Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

#165 - Grammy Juice

Last Saturday night my eldest daughter and her husband were at a party and I was with my two grandkids, along with my younger daughter, her husband and Greg. I decide to make one of my favorite summer beverage, which involves fresh squeezed grapefruit. My three and half year old granddaughter asked me what I was doing with the grapefruit and I asked her if she wanted to taste the juice. She is super fussy and I really didn't think she would say yes, but she did, and then asked for more. Surprised the hell out of me. I vowed to buy all the citrus I could find at the grocery store the next day and spend a few hours juicing it.

The next morning my granddaughter asked my daughter, who had no idea what transpired the night before with the grapefruit,  for some "Grammy Juice." My daughter, noticing the four glasses drying on the dish rack, and the tequila bottle nearby, experienced a brief moment of confusion. It was a very brief moment, and more light-hearted than it might seem, especially when she discovered that it was grapefruit juice, of all things, that Savannah wanted. I did leave the juicer up there and I'm sure that with some help, Savvy will be squeezing citrus all summer long.

"They" say our children often pick the exact opposite path as we parents would pick for them. I always thought my daughters would work in social sciences, but both are accountants, and quite happy in their professions. Their politics are considerably more conservative than mine (in the US, "conservative" and "liberal" have different meanings than in other parts of the world). I can't help but wonder if my granddaughter will be the flower child, like the girl in the postcard above.
5 comments:

I am rooting for her to be a flower child! Loved the story.


Thanks for the story and love the beautiful card.


The story was hilarious!


Love story and card! Too funny; Grammy juice.


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...