Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

#131 - Sunday Breakfast

We went out to breakfast this morning, to a wonderful waffle house in New Brighton, Pennsylvania. Waffles, INCaffienated serves the best waffles around, and they always use fresh ingredients, and have staff that actually cares about food and how it is cooked and served. This ain't no fast food frozen junk. And the glass of yellow behind my awesome waffle is their own lemon ginger syrup. YUM!

I took some photos with my iPhone and while we were walking around the town I remembered I had a paint chip at home featuring the color "Belgian Waffle." Perfect! We popped into a store where I could get the photos printed right from my phone, and I was able to create a postcard right away. Breakfast is still warming my belly.

New Brighton is one of the many small towns that is slowly coming back. The "Main Street" is charming but still has lots of empty storefronts. I often hear people bemoan the demise of Main Street, USA, but they are often the people who don't actually shop in independent stores. I will always pick the independent over the chain.
5 comments:

I support small business too! Better everything, IMHO. That breakfast looks great and so does your card.


That breakfast looks great and while it may not have been "fast food"(always better when it's not), your mail art is a fantastic make-it-on-the spot-inspired creation!


I do most of my shopping online, in part due to my asocial nature but more because of my limited funds. It doesn't help that the majority of local businesses are bars.

I understand the reasons for supporting local businesses, but i also think the world is sufficiently changed to bring old business models into question. They have nostalgic value and help localized economy, but are also probably overly consumptive of energy, excessively wasteful.

Perhaps we should be spending our brains on creating better models instead of trying to cling to the past.

My 2¢.


Love small businesses. Detest Walmarts. Love the card!


We are glad to hear you enjoyed Waffles INCaffeinated ad are flattered that we became your mailart for the day! hope you come back soon and try some more of our culinary treats.


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...