Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

#123 - Shrimp Cocktail

The shrimp on the edge of the cocktail glass is me, about 13 years ago.

I didn't have my first real date until I was about 18 and was fixed up with a guy a few years older. He wanted to take me out to dinner and asked what kind of food I like. I said "seafood," because it seemed more adult than pizza, which was pretty much the only restaurant food I'd ever experienced.

He took me to a restaurant where there was an "all you can eat" shrimp special. I had never eaten shrimp, but didn't want to appear unsophisticated, so when he suggested it, I said sure. The plate came, and not knowing any better, I ate the entire shrimp, tail and all. He must have thought I was nuts, crunching away on the tails. However, we did end up dating, and eventually marrying. Years later we went to see Splash, and there was a scene where the mermaid character, Madison, eats a lobster, shell and all. We both cracked up, remembering our first date. A nice memory.

We divorced, quite amicably, about 8 years ago. We are not friends, but we are not enemies. Just two people not really suited to each other.
4 comments:

I love the stories you share about the inspirations behind your work. What a super story to go along with this piece! Maybe I should do a piece about the mama's boy blind date who didn't inform me until the check came at the expensive restaurant that he had left his wallet at home! (Hint -- no second date!)


What a sweet story! I agree with Paula I love the stories you post with your work. And Paula I hope you had the money and didn't have to do dishes!


I love your story.


I love the stories you tell Postmuse! Another cracker (pun intended)

i may make one about mine and Elenas first date when I get back...


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...