Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

#97 - Last Call

Pamela sent me a mix CD with "Music to Cook By (or Make Mailart)" and one of the songs is George Thorogood doing "House Rent Boogie/One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer," one of my favorite drinking songs. There are lots of other songs on the CD that will find their way into my mailart during the coming year, too, but when I heard this song, I knew just what I wanted to make.

The cityscape is actually a sculpture from a postcard that has been kicking around in my stash for years. I always knew it would be a cityscape, but never could figure out how. I added some windows, and the BAR sign, and I have the perfect dive bar for drowning woes.

I bought a nip of Jim Beam and Johnnie Walker 'cause I don't drink those beverages. Greg commented that this is one expensive postcard 'cause the nips cost about $7 together. He thought I was going to toss the alcohol out, but little does he know I am using the bourbon to marinate some dried cranberries and will use that for bread pudding later in the week. I don't know what I'll use the scotch for, but I'll find something, other than drinking it. If I'm going to drink scotch, it will be good scotch, not Johnnie Walker.

And this card has a fun memory, too. Back in the late 1980s, when my youngest daughter was 4 years old, she had quite a fascination with George Thorogood and other really rockin' artists. Her pre-school teacher told me she would sit at the art table and sing Thorogood ... "I drink alone, yeah, with nobody else." I've got that tune as her special ringtone on my phone.
4 comments:

Turned out nice this cityscape. Love it when a vision comes together


Or maybe Job Sucks Boogie - One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer Cha cha cha.


Silly, you weren't thinking of serving your bread pudding without whiskey sauce were ya?! ( Where's my interrobang when I need it?!)

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1640,148182-224206,00.html


Ooooo ... that's perfect, JJ! This bread pudding is going to be great. I think I'll take it to work on Friday and treat my co-workers to a fun snack :-)


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...