Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

#78 - O is for Oven

The vintage oven ad is from 1950. It is amazing how little the price of ovens have gone up in the last 60 years. It is about $350 for an oven in the US right now.

The stamps are all queens ... Queen Beatrix of Netherlands at the top calling out to Queen Silvia of Sweden who then questions Queen Elizabeth of the Commonwealth. If you can't read the dialog ... "Queen size? Silvia! How much cooking to you do?" "Not much, Beatrix! What about you Elizabeth?" "Who has time to cook!? I've got my hands full being on all the postage!"

I've no idea to whom I will send this yet. I don't think I should send it to Netherlands, Sweden or UK for fear of upsetting a postal worker who might be quite protective of the royals :-)
4 comments:

PostMuse, i'd like to take this moment to tell you I think you might be the funniest mailartist I know. Man, this one is hilarious! Do you have enough stamps to do more royal dialogue? I love it...PostMuse, voice of the royals!!!


Thank you, JJ! When I'm sitting in my art room, talking through the postcard dialog to make sure I've got it right, I'm sure a passerby might think "funny" in the funny/weird sort of way, but that works for me, too :-)

I do have lots of royal postage, but some of it is male royalty from countries where I think having fun at the expense of leaders could get me in trouble. I wish there was Berlusconi postage, though, because I'd have a blast with making up dialog for that leader! I know he isn't royalty, but he thinks he is.


Some day you'll have a stamp with my 'royal' photo on it. You see, my retirement plan isn't growing by leaps & bounds, so I've decided to just marry the monarch of some small, obscure European country, and retire over there. Does Leichtenstein still exist? Last time I heard they were ruled by a Duke, which just doesn't cut it. Maybe I'll try Luxembourg. Prince Albert of Monaco took a pass on me, and decided on some other chick, so he's definitely out! Any suggestions (other than therapy)?


i really like this one!


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...