Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

66 - Heeeeeeeeeeeeeere's Andy!

Labels:

As you can see, my attention has wandered from my Alphabet month (it tends to wander quite a bit). It's probably going to turn into alphabet year.

With this piece I started off just playing with an old photo and my brand new Sharpie pens. I ordered a 24 pack after seeing what Kiera Pannell does with them, so I wanted to see how they work with photos.

After colouring my face in I realised I looked a bit devilly and deccided to creep the card up a little. I'm easily sppoked, so this was about as far as I could spook it before I started to scare myself.

Then, by sheer coincidence, when I put the numbers on, I realised to my delight that this was #66 for me. How appropriate!

6 comments:

oooh, how I miss sharpies!
They just started coming out with all the fun colors when I left the US. Up 'til then you could get green, blue, black, red....
I used to LOVE working with them and wish I could still get them around here. There are about 2 left that are hidden in my craft room for emergencis.
Great job on this, I love how the bright red stands out from the other, more subdued shades.
And Print (newsprint, book pages etc.) are a favorite look of mine anyways. (I mainly use Newsprint, though, because I can't make myself "ruin" any books etc.....but now I have a new scanner/printer - oh, the possibilities!)


Surely eBay overcomes all the problems of geography right? I'm sure you'll be abl to source 24 of all colours from there.

My favourite is newsprint in other languages, especially pictographic languages. I love the fact it always seems so mysterious when you lay that paper down


ebay...I keep forgetting LOL.
In the US I gave up my job to do ebay full time, here in Germany, 9 years later, I feel sooo lost, I can't navigate the site anymore and really just need to sit down and learn my way around again!

I'm with you on the newsprint! On the PC forum I have a friend living in Iran, and she recently (fall) had company from germany.She spent the weeks before saving labels, tickets, flyers etc. for me and getting me a small book in persion, sent it to germany with her company, and it only cost me the postage from within my country plus a little htank you to the wonderful gal that brought it home and mailed it to me. I can't wait to start using some of those pieces with the help of my scanner (before, again, I couldn't make myself ruin it). I also have a rubber stamp of hebrew writing that I used to work with a lot.
When My wrist is all better I'll get busy cleaning up my craft room so I can really dig in some this year!


Very funny, you are a little devil!


Honestly, this is quite horrifying. I red Andy! ahahah I really like it, and that is a kawinkidink that it's number 66.


Phew, I'm glad it's not just me that's easily scared Gabby!


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...