Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

#63 - ¡Poner la Mesa, Por Favor! 3/10

This is the third in my "Set the table, please! series and begins MailArt365's month long alphabet theme with an exclamation.

The exclamation is both proper punctuation for the Spanish exclamation (thank you, Mim!), and also because the title of this recipe card caused surprise, and a bit of horror. "Triple Fruit Brandy, Cucumber-Onion, Mustard Salad" sounds like someone was into the brandy well before dinner was to be prepared. However, once the card is turned over, the recipe is really four recipes, all dressings of some sort. The Brandy Dressing is actually intriguing.

Combine 1/4 cup brandy, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg and 2 teaspoons sugar. Makes about 1/2 cups.


Not sure what one would dress with such a concoction, but I suppose it really wouldn't matter if you used enough of it.

The recipe card comes off to reveal the place setting underneath. I couldn't find an appropriate centerpiece, so I drew a small fruit basket. This is probably one of the few drawn images you will ever see in my work. I don't have an eye for drawing. 

This is going to Cherie, owner of CanalSide Book Shop  in St. Mary's, Ohio. Cherie is a Postcrosser and sent me a wonderful addition to my beverage collection, this view of the bar at The Alpha Cafe. No way I could pass up sending my first card in the alphabet series as a reply to a postcard of Alpha Cafe!
3 comments:

I LOVE this series Postmuse it's so original!


Hey, I think you need to cut yourself some slack on the drawing. It's really good!


Yeah it does seem that drawing is that monkey on the backs of so many! Why is this!


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...