Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

#60 - Marketing 101

Labels: , , ,
We bought eggs last week in one of our favorite small grocery stores. McGinnis Sisters is a local chain, and they take care to carry as much local produce, meat and dairy as possible. Their egg selection is amazing, and I think all are from "free range" (that term is not regulated so you really never know if the chickens are roaming free) farms, and I feel okay buying any of the eggs. But, I noticed a photograph on one carton and it drew my attention away from all the other eggs and I bought those eggs. Clever marketing.

Sometimes I read comments from consumers who slam clever marketing as deceitful, as if clever means the marketing is trying to hide some sort of defect in the product. Or perhaps play to stupid people. Sometimes that is true, but sometimes clever marketing is simply clever marketing, just as a cigar is sometimes just a cigar.

p.s. I am never, ever, ever going to use vellum paper again. This time it curled horribly. I'm going to find every piece of vellum in my stash and feed it to the shredder.
3 comments:

Love, love this one. BTW, I got you card in the mail today. Thanks you so much, & will return the favor this week!


Do you ever sew paper? vellum is quite nice sewn on but, yes a pain to glue.


I have never sewn paper but I do want to try, so perhaps the vellum is the perfect experiment! Thank you, JJ!


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...