Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

#54 - Tea Party

This card is in recognition of Miss Massachusetts, who, when she introduced herself at the Miss American pageant last week, said she is "From the home of the Tea Party when it was still about TEA!" For those not living in the US, there is a political movement called The Tea Party movement that has steeped into almost every waking moment of our lives. It took its name from the famous Boston Tea Party, which was an 18th century political protest against unjust taxes. I hate that the Tea Party movement usurped an actual act of independence from tyranny. I've no idea what Miss Massachusetts' political leanings are, but I suspect she isn't a fan of the Tea Party movement either.

I am sending this up to MA, to a new-ish penfriend I haven't heard from since November. And I'm using this postage se-tenant to send it. It is vintage, 1976, I think, and I love having vintage postage that matches the card in some way.
4 comments:

Oh yes, I can tell you the whole world knows about the tea party!! Nary a week goes by that I don't hear from an Australian or some other nationality "What is up with the Tea Party? Where did they come from"? And I can also testify that it makes America look like a total freaking looney bin abroad. I hate trying to describe what they're all about. UGH!!


The US is a total freaking looney bin at the moment. You sure you want to come back to this crazy place, JJ?


Wish we could import some of you Aussies here to vote in the next election! Would really like to be done with these fanatics! Love your card, PostMuse! And the matching stamps! One lucky friend getting this one!


Hi PostMuse

I received the TEA Post card today and many thanks! It brighten up my post box. I am indeed the lucky friend that received it.

Thank you

Hester


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...