Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

43/365 - Computer Control Room


I have a really great vintage book called "The How And Why Wonder Book of Insects". Can't remember where it came from, but I think it once belonged to my older sister - who was a kid in the sixties. The price on the book is 59 cents! I find that the more popular that online books become, the more protective I am of printed books. I love them! How they feel in my hand, the experience of reading, the turning of the pages - I am not a fan of online books, hurts my eyes and the experience is not the same. Needless to say, I really struggled when deciding if I wanted to cut up the insect book for the greater good of mail art. Even though I had never read the book and likely kept it for the purpose of an art project, I felt very conflicted. Finally decided that it would just collect dust if I left it. Better to use it and put it's content out into the world of mail art. So this is the first card using the book's lovely illustrations. Sending it to my friend's mother, who is lovely in her own right.

More than you needed to know about my internal struggles over book preservation. Thanks for listening!
2 comments:

Gee, it is a bit weird to talk about how much you love books then say that you took scissors to a 50 year old one. That said I do support your decision. And look forward to all the insects we'll see from it.


thank you. It is weird - but you know me and know I don't do anything lightly.


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...