Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

#43 - Sour Grapes

Labels: ,
I just love the expression on Green Dress Lady's face. She looks like she is telling Sable Coat Lady, "À boire ou je tue le chien!" (Bring me something to drink or I kill the dog!). Or, perhaps Sable Coat Lady walked in with Green Dress Lady's ex-husband.

The art is Toulouse Lautrec's "Beginning of the Quadrille at the Moulin Rouge." And I don't speak French ... I used this website for the French expression. It's a very interesting site. If I should ever go to France, I shall memorize a few of the phrases. Especially, "À boire ou je tue le chien!"

This postcard required the use of a hammer. My elderly cat stomped into the art room during said hammer use and gave me a look that can only be interpreted as "Why don't you go read a book, or write a letter. Something quiet." Talk about sour grapes. Geesh.

I'm sending this to Sarala in Illinois whose drooling gargoyle photo made me laugh.
2 comments:

You are too funny! Note, the French may not take kindly to you threatening to kill their dog!


I think it is an expression, like "I'd kill for that dress." Not to be taken literally. Although, words are dangerous things these days and I guess some expressions should be allowed to fade into the past.


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...