Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

#34 - Set the Table, Please! 2/10

This is the second in my Table Setting series using recipe cards from 1958. This time I am using mailing seals to hold the recipe card in place for the card's journey. The first time I was going to go with just non-permanent adhesive on the back of the recipe card, but I chickened out and used the mailing seals on that one, too. It is too soon for that to have traveled to its destination, so no way of knowing if my idea works.

This recipe is what we always called a "doctoring" recipe. It just takes something that is already edible and jazzing it up somehow. I love the sound of those curried olives.

I had so much fun "setting" this table this morning. It is like playing with a doll house. The centerpiece is slightly dimensional, but even though I'm going to use non-machinable rate postage, I suspect the flowers will be flat before arriving.

The bits under the plates are called "chargers." I learned that on HGTV. We don't have cable, but both my daughters do. When I visit them in Boston they have to come take the remote away at 2 in the morning and tell me to go to bed because I'm ODing on HGTV. I suspect if we did have cable, I'd get bored of HGTV, but when it is only something I have every three months or so, it is very interesting.

This is going to Sue in Massachusetts. I wish I could shrink myself and slide between the recipe and table setting. Then, after magically unshrinking and enjoying a lovely beverage with Sue, I'd jump on the T and head down to my daughters' houses for a nice long visit.
5 comments:

This is beautiful!

Box652 is already very excited, and looking forward to your company. When you come visiting.. maybe we can meetup somewhere.


This looks great -- what a fun idea! I would love one - want to exchange?


What fun! Chargers, yes, I learned about them at Colonial Williamsburg. Funny you mention HGTV. Friends told us just last night that their grandmother visited them for 2 weeks and watched it non-stop. They got addicted! Your solution to the removable card is a good one. Love the little place setting "diagrams."


Woah! This is a really well made piece Postmuse. Excellent idea and so well executed. I'm sure there's not a person who sees this who doesn't want one


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...