Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

Southern Belle on board

Labels:
Hello, from Kentucky! First, let me tell you a little about myself. I run a small newspaper in Kentucky, and have spent the last ten years helping paginate pages, write stories, and take photos. One day a few weeks ago, I decided to see just what all could be done with the super Photoshop program supplied to us by our parent company, Scripps, Inc. Low & behold, I became hooked on digital imaging & art. I've been absorbing every Photoshop text & tutorial I can find, and learning new techniques daily. When my friend, Mim, suggested I check out the Mail Art 365 project, I was intrigued, and decided to jump in head first. Yesterday I sent out my first piece of mail art, a postcard I designed with my CS3 program. And yesterday, Dec. 1, was my 57th birthday, so it was a great way to celebrate. I'm so happy that at 57 I'm still learning new things. I have an MA in American & Russian history, so my artwork reflects an historical theme. I start with a vintage photo, and try to tell a story about the person or persons in it. They're my 'imaginary friends.' And I even politely included a script 'Greetings' into it, because after all I AM a Southern Belle! I'm very much looking forward to the next year and all the wonderful people I meet! My first Mail Art:
7 comments:

Happy Birthday Paula! Looks like you've come a long way with Photoshop already. i'm so rubbish with it!

Any chance you could make a photoshop "badge" like the one in the top right hand corner of this page? I'd like people to have a choice of badges to show their mailart365 colours!

Andy


Happy Birthday Paula! What a great way to celebrate your birthday!
I really like your piece, It's really eye catching.


I'm so happy you joined us! Yes, a perfect way to celebrate your birthday. You are so adept at using that program, but more than that, you're imagery is terrific.


I am so happy you joined us and yes, what a perfect way to celebrate your birthday. You are not only adept at using that program, but you imagery is wonderful.


This is such a gorgeous postcard. I can't stop looking at it :-D


Happy birthday! What a great way to celebrate. As they say downunder "Good on ya"!!


Thank you all for your wonderful, supportive comments!


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...