Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

Commentary on Themes

Labels: ,
I like browsing everyone's mailart, and seeing that several folk have THEMES! What a concept. There is the bunny theme, the daffodil theme, skull theme, and many others.

I don't have a theme. :-(

And is this a metaphor for life? Daniel Pink says that everyone should be able to make a sentence about their life. Something that sums it up nice and tight, like "Mother Teresa helped the poor", or "Abe Lincoln saved the nation and freed the slaves."

My life doesn't have a sentence. :-(

Maybe that's because my mailart doesn't have a theme? Well, that's just how it is. Maybe I will spot a theme within the mayhem (or several themes). Anyway, bunnies and daffodils have already been chosen, so I think I'll try a Yambus theme. A Yambus is a versatile vehicle that I invented while doodling at Harvard Business School. It can go any direction, uses no fossil fuel, and is made of yams.

Come to think of it. Maybe that's my sentence: "Sue invented the Yambus."

The End.
6 comments:

Oh dear gods. I never, ever, ever want to have to sum up my life in one sentence.

I do have a mailart theme, but it is incredibly broad ... food/beverage. I hope to be able to continue that theme for the entire 365 days, and I hope sticking to that theme will help me get a bit more creative because I certainly can't go through the entire year just combining food images with pretty backgrounds and an occasional clever quip. Or maybe I can. I'm just going to try to go with the flow and see what happens.


There is a themes debate on the IUOMA site. I like the repeating motifs we're seeing from some people and can imagine that this group will cross-pollinate ideas as the year goes on. I too hope that my life will be more of a paragraph.


I don't have a theme, per se, but fish dp seem to dominate everything I do. :)


Postmuse,
I saw a very peculiar cookbook at Borders, called FoodFest365. For EVERY day of the year, there is a food holiday: e.g. ice cream sundae day, or Banana bread day. If you hit a lull, you could always inspire a mailart with the bizarre food holiday du jour. Here's an inspiration site http://www.thenibble.com/fun/more/facts/food-holidays.asp

sounds like a yummy year ahead!


I think I have to have that cookbook. And thank you for that fantastic link!


Is that purely American food holidays? Does that rule us Brits out of playing?


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...