Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

#3 from Andytgeezer : Ballet dancer weave

Labels:

If you've seen my mailart in the past, you'll probably know I'm rather obsessed with using this particular picture.

I've made a few things with this, including a Halfcard and my recent submission for a mailart call in Norway.

This time I decided to play around with the pics by merging the two together in a weave.

Making #3

This piece of mailart also held an extra surprise for me. On the back of the postcard and the photo there was a red butterfly stamped on. Shortly after me and Elena first met, we went shopping for rubber stamps. Elena bought this butterfly then got really carried away and stamped everything she could get her hands on.

While making this piece I only looked at the front, then when I awoke from my creative haze and looked at the back of the card, I realised that the butterfly was weaved in too. I hadn't even noticed it before!

Andy 365_2_Back

5 comments:

I love weaving paper. I really like how you wove your two images together. Cool how the butterfly turned out.


Ooh pretty!

Nice to see the carpet too ;)


This is so pretty, Andy! Clever doing the accordion cut for the weft. I'm going to do that next time I weave paper. I have always just cut strips and then curse quietly as I try to keep the whole things stable while weaving.


Weaving is fun and yours came out really nice. I love love a little story with my art. Makes it special.


Thanks folks - I was really pleased with how this came out. I wonder what further adventures this little lady has in store for her, I'm bound to use this postcard again


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...