Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

#23 - Something Sweet

Labels: , , ,
This is heading up to my 3 year old granddaughter, Savannah. She loves postcards and has since she was an infant. I live 600 miles (975 km) from my daughters and their families so I started sending Savannah, my first grandchild, cards soon after she was born. My daughter hung them on the photo board above Savvy's changing table and noticed that Savvy loved to look at those cards. When she was older, she would carry the cards around with her all the time. And when she visited me here in Pittsburgh, she spent hours going through a large basket of my postcards ... sorting them into categories only she knew.

I recently got Savannah her own post office box near her house and signed her up for a Postcrossing account. She loves going to her special box, which is low enough for her to open, and picking up her mail. I take care of sending outgoing postcards for her, though, since she is too young to write. Eventually she will be writing her own postcards. Maybe even creating them.
3 comments:

Great story! Savannah's a lucky girl!


Oww that so nice of you. Savannah's a lucky girl indeed to have a grandmother like you.


I was just reading the posts over at IUOMA about the book and I figure this is a story for the book. Get 'em hooked from a young age. Way to go Super-Grandma!! Should we send MA to Savannah?


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...