Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

#20 - Snowman Tea Party

I joined a Swap-Bot exchange coordinated by FarStarr where we send piece of mailart on folded cardstock, and the recipient flips opens the cardstock and sends back his/her own mailart on the other side. These are sent as postcards, no envelopes, so on the other side of the fold is the message and address.

My partner did a lovely Christmas collage using lots of Santa images. I don't celebrate Christmas, but I do like Santa images, and wanted to stay with the same cute, winter theme.

I do have lots of snowmen and snowflake inspiration, though. Winter is the only time of year you will ever see country cute in our house. I had a fun time creating this Snowman Tea Party. However, these snowmen won't meet the same end as Frosty because this is iced tea.

I added a scan of the postcard below but it doesn't really scan well ... too fat. I really need to get a better scanner. I've been reading up and think I know what I'll buy when I have a job again.

This postcard is 5x7 (13cm x1 8cm) and very dimensional. I'm a wee bit afraid to take it to the post office for mailing. They are not going to like the sticking up bits, or the fiberfill "snow." I used the handy Shaped Based Pricing Template a kind postal worker gave me and the card has to go package rate.
2 comments:

This looks like a lot of fun. I wouldn't mind joining in with that swap. Maybe next time it runs. You have reminded me though, I do quite fancy running another swap-bot swap. Forgot how much fun that site is...


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...