Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

1 - Quilled Flowerpot


1 - Quilled Flowerpot, originally uploaded by Elena_H.
This is the first piece of mail art for Mailart 365.

The theme for this month is to recreate some of the rubber stamps that I have in the house into quilled art work.

This first piece is a pot of orange flowers.

1 - Stamped Flowerpots inside
8 comments:

Lovely, Elena! Make sure Andy shows you the photos I sent him just a bit ago.

I love the idea that you are going to recreate stamped images ... always quilling? Or perhaps some drawings and paper collage, too?


Thanks for the photos, the quilled flowers are lovely.
To answer your question, yes, it'll always be quilling but not only. Sometimes it'll have additional bits of drawing, paper collage, rubber stamping....


This is a neat design. I have always loved the paper quill effect but i have CT
and my hands are always bad i can't do the small stuff like fold paper or even stick on beads. but i admire you for the amazing talent you have.
http://riaviewmirror.blogspot.com


Thanks Ria. This is indeed an art that needs accuracy and lots of patience.


Brilliant! So that's what it turned into shortly after I left :) I was wondering how it was going to end up...


Yeah it turned out really well didn't it. A really nice effect and very appealing to the kinaesthetic in me


It arrived today, Elena, and it so very sweet. My boyfriend was also quite fascinated as his grandfather used to do quilling. These bright flowers will certainly brighten my days. Thank you!


Yay. I'm so glad you both like it. That's what mailart is all about. Making
someone smiling...


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...