Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

135 - Neigh

Labels:

When I was doing my PGCE, in 2004 I had a pretty unfortunate incident on a train. One evening after school, I met up with another trainee teacher, and we got on a train to go to London.

To cut a long story short, we were mugged on the train in broad daylight and the thugs took my friends wallet and watch. I got away lightly I think, and still had my phone on me, so I called the police and the guys were arrested almost immediately.

We went to court and the boys were sentenced to some community service, pretty much slapped on the wrist and let go to do their own thing and we were promised some compensation.

Fast forward to 2011. I've qualified as a physics teacher, taught for 4 years, left teaching and have been in another job for 3 years.

135 - Neigh
(Back)

Suddenly, out of the blue I get a cheque for £5 come through the door from the court, with a reference that it was for an incident that happened in 2004.

I bank it and another one comes through the month after.

Very weird, I think, that 7 years later I'm getting comensation for an incident I hardly remember. The other teacher who was with me at the time has now left to live in Norway, so I emailed him and told him he should ask his mum to forward the cheques on. I don't think he'll bother...

Anyway, this letter is to the court instructing them to pay the compensation directly to my bank account.

8 comments:

Neigh way Andy! Another great piece of mailart woven into a not so great story/event, in the sense that you were mugged! What have the courts been doing for the last seven years you wonder!? See you Thursday? Scott.


It's hard to believe isn't it! 7 years to get £5 compensation, and probably at a cost to the taxpayer of £1000s. Gotta love the system!

Yup definitely see you on Thursday. Feel free to stay over too, we have a spare room should we get carried away with mailart late into the night!


excellent piece andy. i love that you are sending the court mailart.


It's the least I can do after they paid out such generous compensation so quickly.... *dripping sarcasm*


Seven years, yikes! Glad you were ok but don't you wonder how they could be sooooo inefficient!


Wow, that is a crazy story Andy. Good on ya for sending them such a lovely looking request for bank transfers.


Yeah makes you wonder what they've been doing all this time! And £5 a month too... I've no idea how many of these payments I'm going to get


I read this yesterday when I wa trying to do a bunch of things and I keep coming back to it. CRAZY. Like the horse and the owl too.


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...